Well, it's been almost two months since Kaylee made her first appearance in our home, and I'm finally starting this blog! I'm not sure what to say today, so we'll start with catching up on the last couple months.

Kaylee was born on August 23, at 4:40 pm, just missing my birthday by a day. Sarah took this picture that evening before she and Randy had to drive back home to Las Cruces. Even on her first day with us, she was already wide-eyed and alert.


She put up with being swaddled for a few days, until her preferred method of sleeping involved stretching her limbs every which way.
Sometimes she falls asleep during tummy time...

...but most of the time there's so much to look at, she watches everything with big blue eyes.




Lately, she's been working on her smile...



...and just the other day, she rolled over (front to back) for the first time. It's also easier for her to look at what she wants now that she can hold her head steady.
As fall sets in, we've learned to appreciate footie pajamas- as she seems immune to swaddling and socks, only pajamas have conquered her flailing arms and kicking feet!
Hopefully I can keep the camera handy and remember to update this often! Until next time... :)

Yay! Great start! And it will definitely get better as you get going. I can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteI think you put this site together beautifully! Love the Bilbo quote...how true.
ReplyDelete